Home Alt Forums Pictures & Videos Tag-O-Rama

Tag-O-Rama

This topic contains 82 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar A 7 years, 9 months ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    A
    Participant

Photobucket

New Tag: your moto with wheel and tire loaded ready to go.

Photobucket

madjak30
    Participant

Here is my bike with some spare tires from the garage…they fit 17″ rims, so it should count…but I didn’t think I could put both on the bike…

and here is my bike next to a lifted truck with oversized tires…

I know, I cheated a little…they are all in my driveway, but I couldn’t resist…hehehe

Good luck!!

A
    Participant

All you need are some bungee cords to strap the tires to your moto secure enough to take a ride..

madjak30
    Participant

I’m still going with the tires on my bike…

but try this pic…your bike near what ever is the prime income for your state/province, in Alberta it is the oil and gas industry…so…

Maybe we can get a better response from these.

Later.

gitchy42
    Participant

So, I finally got a pic of my Bike next to a dock! Had to wait for a cool day, when the boat ramp didn’t have a line 5 trucks/boats deep!!

Bike and Dock

Next Tag, your bike and a snow-capped peak:
    Bike on the open oregon plains
    A little extra scenery would be nice :-)

gitchy42
    Participant

Yesterday wasn’t my first ride of the year, but it was the first ride of the new “season”. It was near perfect weather when I started, but I was a little cold when I got home. Anyways, I was finally able to get some photos for madjack’s tag challenge.

One of Oregon’s top exports is Christmas trees:
    Photobucket

And the new challenge, your bike near a clear-cut:
    Photobucket

Preferably an old clear-cut, but a new one, or a recently replanted one will do.

WeaponZero
    Participant

No idea what a clear-cut even is.

madjak30
    Participant

You can see them best if you are driving/riding through the mountains and you see a section of the forest has been cut down in a long wide strip…but forest is on either side…that’s a clear cut section…if you are going past one you will see a field of tree stumps and undergrowth, but the trees will be gone…again clear cut…

I don’t know if I will see any this weekend when I am out riding, but if I do, I will take a pic and show you… ;-p

Later.

gitchy42
    Participant

A clear cut is when they go in and cut out about 95% of the trees in a logging operation. They’re infamous here in Oregon. They are basically the logging version of strip-mining; but at some point someone said that they are the best way to log. Oh well, gotta have wood.

Anyway, MadJack gave good advice on how to find one, the trick is living near a forest.

TrialsRider
    Participant

Home of the Giant Redwoods …or are there any still standing ?:|
    If this one doesn’t get a response, at least I can sharpen up my chain saw and prep a site for the photo shoot, trees are way easier to ride over when they’re laying down anyway ;) …just kidding! Closest thing here is where hydro power lines cut through treed areas or where they clear to build housing developments and highways, somebody else will need to bump this one.

Clear-cut IS the best way to log, given a bottom line of short term pure profit.

madjak30
    Participant

They do a lot of clear cut “harvesting” in BC…I’ll have to check and see if there is any near me…maybe I can get it tomorrow…doubt it though…but it’s worth a ride…. :-)

Later.

A
    Participant

This is about as “clear-cut” as it gets around me.. it’s a farming field that’s been cleared for the coming planting season.. acceptable?

Photobucket

Jeff in Kentucky
    Participant

The trees were cleared many years ago, but I say close enough. I think of this song for your bike, but people like different colors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BhHTA6Gzn0&feature=related

A
    Participant

Well, no objections for few days, I will move along for the next tag:

You bike and a yellow minimal height clearance sign:

Photobucket

gitchy42
    Participant

Northern California has the giant redwoods, or at least, they have most of them. Oregon used to have on of the largest and oldest giant sequoias, but it was topped by a lightning storm, then taken down some more in a wind storm.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.