Home Alt Forums Off Topic New BBM 2009!

New BBM 2009!

This topic has 25 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by AvatarMunch.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Dagger
    Participant

Glad the site is back up and running.. Sorry to hear about your spill, Ben.. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year.

Dagger

Ben
    Participant

Yep actually I am. I am going to roll out a ‘point’ sort of system that will keep track of post counts and reviews that people write. Probably have some sort of ranking and title system as well. I’m hoping that will be out maybe mid february, or earlier.

Ben

ScottyJ
    Participant

Ben, sounds good. I look forward to the updates as you find time to do them. And I do agree with Elwood, I think it’s a good idea to making opening a link in a new tab the default instead of directing away from the board. And Elwood, just an fyi, you can always right-click and choose “open in a new tab” if you want.

ScottyJ
    Participant

Right-click then NEW TAB not NEW WINDOW should just open anew tab. I use Firefox on multiple computers and it works for me.

Ben
    Participant

well thats one way to do it :P

ScottyJ
    Participant

If it doesn’t automatically open that way, that’s the way I do it. I’m open to suggestions.

Loki
    Participant

For the sake of not making a new thread i was wondering what this point system is all about?
    Also Ben, can you make the picture of “Best Beginner Motorcycles” at the top left of the page be linked to the home page. I found myself clicking it trying to go home to only realize i was clicking nothing.
    Thanks

EDIT: Can you also add the sub directories next to the “Return to Forums” so we dont have to go to the forums then to the subfolder we want or have to click the back button 2 times? Just something to make the site alittle easier to navigate.

A few Examples
    ” Return to Offtopic “
    ” Return to forums / Return to Pictures and Videos “
    ” Everything / Forums / Offtopic “

Each one of those being a link.

Anonymous

For the sake of not making a new thread i was wondering what this point system is all about?
    Also Ben, can you make the picture of “Best Beginner Motorcycles” at the top left of the page be linked to the home page. I found myself clicking it trying to go home to only realize i was clicking nothing.
    Thanks

Matt
    Participant

Anon here posted in another thread, and had a warez/cracks link (linked through the word “friendly”… friendly neighbourhood warez?)
    The BBM link above points to “downlez.com” according to my computer…

Congratulations, BBM is now big enough to be attracting the seedier sides of the inter-tubes.

megaspaz
    Participant

I still think we need to disable non-verified folk from posting. Thanks for the catch Matt.

Munch
    Participant

I agree. Not sure if what you use has IP capture or not, but I am assuming un verified does not. If they want to be part of the community they will have no reserves about registering. If they do have issues with it, likely they are up to less then good anyway. Takes less then 30 secs to log in.
    Especially since if you type “Best beginners bikes” in the search bar BBM is #1 listed.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.