tips and advice for us not so expirienced riders
August 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm #3322shawn007Participant
help us from ur mistakes or from what u have learned from over the years thanksAugust 18, 2009 at 11:16 pm #21773MunchParticipant
When going from one bike to another make sure you get parking lot warm up before hitting the street. Especially stepping up.
Don’t forget to use the back brake when doing parking lot maneuvers…not the front.
Remember to look where you wanna go… or you will go wher your not wanting to
Build up your riding stamina. If your mind and body is not used to long rides, build yourself up to it. Otherwise you will find yourself off in space somewhere whilst the road shoulder slowly gets closer to you.August 19, 2009 at 2:11 am #21780Sangria7Participant
1. Respect the bike.
2. Know your limitations.
3. Going fast is cool but not cool when you crash.
4. Be extra defensive riding – “act like your invisible” rule applies
5. Practice in the parking lot every chance you get.
6. Be patient with your learning curve, the bike, and yourself.August 19, 2009 at 4:07 am #21784RabParticipant
Spend some time looking back through this forum.
There’s a wealth of information in there…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.