Home Alt Forums General Just got my Permit!

Just got my Permit!

This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by AvatarCBennett.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CBennett
    Participant

Well got my permit this morning so now its time to learn to ride :). No bike or anything yet obviously but I think im going to sign up for the course..Here in PA its a great deal..get your Permit. then get into one of the FREE 15 hour classes in which they provide the bike and helmet for the course. pass course(VERY high pass rate in the 90+%) and then get issued your License after passing…gonna take the course as soon as i can if i can get the right times. This week would have been perfect as im on vacation but will get it now sometime. Also have the Bikes that I will be looking at pretty much thought out also. 250 Ninja,Buell Blast,Suzuki GS500 E(or F i guess if the riding positions not too far forward/leaning). For a cruiser id even thought of a Vulcan 500 but they seem to be few and far between around here plus im going for the better MPG for to and from work and that seems to be the Buell and the Ninja 250’s.

acidpope
    Participant

The 250 cruisers get great mpg.

A free rider course that counts? Sheesh. Around my parts it’s near $270 and it takes weeks to get in. Kinda weird they provide a helmet though. GS500 has a comfy riding position.

CBennett
    Participant

TY, yes I want to get the course this year..they have been batting around the idea of starting to charge for it also..it is not real hard to get into but you do have to register for it, April-July are their “busy” months so I may try to get it in August or there abouts possibly even Sept..i dont see me getting a bike this year unless its real late in the year like late Sept or Oct or till next spring possibly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.