Home Alt Forums Pictures & Videos Incredible Balance

Incredible Balance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar TrialsRider 8 years, 4 months ago.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TrialsRider
    Participant

Watch this and you might understand why a Trials rider would cringe at seeing someone foot drag on their street bike.

http://www.photobysergio.fr/video-adam-raga-2011.html

Jeff in Kentucky
    Participant

I am guessing he did years of crashes to learn to ride trials like that.

Here is a guy on an 800-pound Goldwing doing some skilled tight cornering, that would be much easier on a lighter bike. Beginners- watch where he is looking when he corners:

eternal05
    Participant

I thought I recognized that parking lot. That’s Pacific Raceways (says so in the video info).

eternal05
    Participant

So TrialsRider, what can his training buddy actually do for him? I assume he’s there to “catch” him if he screws up, but it seems like the training buddy is almost more at risk for getting hurt than the rider…

TrialsRider
    Participant

Being a minder does inherit some risk, it takes a keen eye, ear, reflexes and practice to do it well, requires supreme confidence in the riders ability. I really enjoy the task myself, it’s the closest thing to team work in Trials competition, plus you get to tell the experts how to do things you can only imagine doing yourself ;) The main task for the minder is to Not touch the bike until you are needed (that would be a 5) then to catch the bike so it doesn’t fall on the rider in the event they need to bail. Minders are usually the fist to reach the kill switch too.

…I’ve crashed hard several times minding but my rider survived. Boots, helmet and gloves are recommended!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.