Well as to whether I get to use my own bike depends on what engine volume I go for.
Swedish law requires a bike with no less than 700cc and/or 35kW to be used during driving lessons and final driving test (I guess to prove that you can actually handle a ‘heavy’ bike)
And since it looks like I’m going for a 550cc, I won’t be able to use that one.
Can’t really decide if I should buy the bike before I get that license or not. I mean, I would like to take the bike for a test drive before buying it, but getting caught means loosing my ordinary drivers license for 6months and 2 years postponement on the MC license. And I really don’t know anyone else with a license to do the driving for me.
So unless I come by some killer-deal (and perhaps locate someone on a swedish bike forum who lives nearby the seller and can go look at it for a bottle of scotch), I think I’m gonna wait.
On the other hand, prices tend to go up as the riding season gets closer. Decisions decisions decisions. Sigh.