Tag-O-Rama

Anyone up for some picture tag-o-rama game?

Ride your bike to a location that satisfy all the previous tagger's qualifications.

I start with a easy one: a motorcycle and a covered bridge.

Photobucket

I'm in. Will probably need to keep these things easy as there are not a huge amount of us on this board. Now I just need to find a covered bridge in WA....

Does "covered by another layer of bridge" count?

found a website that lists covered bridges in WA and lo and behold there is one not far from one of my favorite stamping grounds. The map is a little unclear how to get to it so I may have to ride around some folks back yards to get there :) Now if only I can be sure there will be no ice around tomorrow...

Preferably covered bridge with roof structure and windows on the sides.

RIDE MOREPhotobucketEAT LESS

Never got a chance to get out today. Won't have another chance till next weekend what with our short days here and having to work and all. Have a feeling this is going to be a slow moving tag-o-rama....

I'm in on this, sounds like fun. Soon as I get the forks sorted on my FZ-1 I know where's there's a covered bridge real close to here. And! I even already have a perfect idea for the next tag! Be back with ya when the freezing rain goes away and someone figures out why my right fork is frickin' -bleeding- oil past the crush washer in the leg and down the axle.

-XRayHound

I can see through GLASS!!!!

Went out to find this little puppy today..

but could not find it. I thought I had it in my GPS but did not. Turned out it was down one of many private roads and I did not want to start riding up and down them all hunting for it. The fact it was starting to snow also had some influence on my decision.

But, it did get me out and about. When I got back close to home there was blue sky so I took the opportunity to ride around some of the parks we have here (Seattle). I hit more 180' hairpin up-hill turns today than I have on any mountain ride. I had an absolute blast. I'm going to go exploring these roads some more to see if I can put together a couple of hour ride of non-stop fun, and it's all on my doorstep :D

The tag requirement clearly states: "a motorcycle and a covered bridge."

You'll have to include both in your tag picture.. I don't want to be so specific that your MP3 is not considered as a motorcycle.. but if you include your MP3 in that covered bridge picture, that would be acceptable.

I wasn't trying to claim the tag, that picture isn't even mine. I was just pointing out I tried to get a picture. Up till yesterday it was only you and I playing the game. If XRayHound does not snap his picture within the next week I may be able to find another bridge next weekend. Unfortunately it is not a pretty one, a concrete monstrosity over a busy road but it does meet the requirements. I *should* be able to find that one.

I didn't honestly think that there was anything like that in Jersey but google is my friend and I think I found one about 10 mikes out. I might be brave enough to try that before we get the shit storm on sunday.

The roomie and I took off for TGIF tonight and rode in the dark- excited to get out and ride even if in the *limited* visibility- it was better than fighting 5 oclock traffic at any one point. =) The little wings are growning so maybe I'll get to play this game after all!

Dancing, playing with my pony and playing with my lady.
Work hard, play hard
Life is sweet... very sweet.

There are about 20 covered bridges in NJ.. according to: http://www.dalejtravis.com/cblist/cbnj.htm

thats the list I found last night. =) they called off the rain/snow for the time being on sunday but saturday is still open I think.... =)

Dancing, playing with my pony and playing with my lady.
Work hard, play hard
Life is sweet... very sweet.

Still no forks and I'm training for a new job (MONEY YEEEEAAAHHH) so we'll see if the weather holds until Friday.

-XRayHound

Here it is. I was feeling depressed and it was cold as the arctic winds so I didn't go get my followup tag, though. Photobucket

My follow up was going to be to ride out to this little place I know and grab a hot dog. So since y'all are looking a little peckish, be ballsier than me and go get a hot dog B-)

-XRayHound

Doesn't look like the covered bridge is meant for vehicle traffic... but I guess it will have to do..
Post up the next tag already...

She did already. A hot dog stand I think is the next task. I did go looking for one today but I think they only come out here to serve the nightcrawlers. I could probably go find one now but I don't like riding Fri/Sat nights around pubs/clubs. I'll see if I can find one the next time a game is in town. There should be some around the stadiums I would think.

No picture, no new tag.

The idea is to ride some place interesting or you've never been, take picture of your bike at the location and post the picture in the thread for someone else to try and duplicate similar picture elewhere else.

I won't be riding for a few months due to weather but once things clear up I will contribute. Keep the tags coming.

Craig

I'm gonna get this started again, post a picture of your bike with a monument:

Photobucket

Does it have to be a "monument" or can it be any statue or structure that has a plaque...I live in small town Alberta...I don't want to have to ride for three to four hours to find something...???

** If you're not having fun, you're doing it WRONG...**

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

Just post what you can get with your bike.. then ride to another location for you next tag picture, specify your chriteria and post the picture.

Nearly every city or village has a monument to something. Even if its just a flag pole, tree or old cannon. I don't think you will have too much trouble finding one.
I'll participate in this thread. Not today but I'll do my best to get what ever is current tomorrow.

Craig

it's a monument

It's a monument to the lost children outside of our church...

Now the new challenge...a picture of your bike next to a dock...

Sorry about the Low-Res shots...camera wasn't set up very good...??

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

I was going to get my shots yesterday, but being 95 here in Portland, after going by 5 or 6 different boat launches, and not being able to get anywhere near where I could get a Dock in the shot, I gave up....I'll have to try this weekend, assuming someone else hasn't beaten me too it.

It's not about getting somewhere, it's about going somewhere.

So, I finally got a pic of my Bike next to a dock! Had to wait for a cool day, when the boat ramp didn't have a line 5 trucks/boats deep!!

Bike and Dock

Next Tag, your bike and a snow-capped peak:
Bike on the open oregon plains
A little extra scenery would be nice :-)

Great location...your about the same distance from the mountains as me...if it is nice on Thursday evening, maybe I will take a blast and head west for some shots...we are heading camping this weekend though (east to the "other" lake)...maybe someone else will beat me too it...I hope more join in...this can get fun...

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

It is great living here in the Portland area. About 75 miles from the closest ski resort, about 80 miles to the coast, about 100 miles to grasslands, about 120 miles to the high desert.

Hope you have a good time camping.

Nice being near the coast...I used to live in Vancouver, BC...probably quite similar...now I'm on the other side of the mountains...all of them...lol

Depends if the wife and kids go camping early (Thursday) or not...if they don't go until Friday, I won't be able to get the pics...

You are literally 1000 miles away...lol

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

Does it have to be snow capped or simply still have snow on it? :) I may be stuck waiting for termination dust if I can't make the ride to Chilitna on a clear day...

The idea is a large-ish mountain that still has snow on it, the more the better.

I rode about 95kms (55 miles?) one way and the damn clouds were blocking the mountains...grrrr....oh well, I got to go for a nice ride...just beat the rain home though...lol...need to get a taller bike...my knees didn't like me much for the last 20 mins or so of the ride.

Could see mountains, but not the peaks...so I don't even know if they had snow or not...crappy weather!!!

Hope you had better luck owlie...

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

I think I am about 3000 miles from a snow capped peak, and the east coasters are even further. The mountains on this side of the country (if you are near them I am not :( ) are much shorter than the western mountains and are usually clear by June. :(

I did check several lakes around here that I thought had docks but it ended up they only had loading ramps. I guess I should have went downtown to the big shipping docks.

Craig

I could cheat and pull one out of my library, hell I could take one from my front door if I wanted to :D The benefits of living in the land of volcanoes. But I am going on a long ride tomorrow past Mt. St Helens down into Oregon. Should be able to get either Rainier, St Helens or Hood at some point. So if someone else does not beat me to it I should be able to post something suitable for the flatlanders among us tomorrow night.

Just post a pic already..

Not to rag on this game, but we play a game on another forum that is a little easier than this one and more people can play. This is one is really technical.

Less comments, more pictures.. even if pictures are not acceptable, at least posters would learn how the game is played to proces when they participate, rather than just post comments about the game.

What's so difficult about that?

Current tag: bike with a snow capped mountain..

In northern hemisphere, that's going to be difficult, seems like a somewhat unreasonable tag IMO, since when the mountain is capped or covered with snow, not much motorcycler riding is done.

This is cheating, a photo I found:

http://canyonchasers.net/gallery/rdmrds/ouray01

mount pshop
let's call it Mount Pshop

You have to use your imagination for this snow-covered peak with a motorcycle photo

http://www.chillybikinis.com/pics/1024.JPG

Submitted by Jeff in Kentucky on Sun, 07/25/2010 - 13:02.
This is cheating, a photo I found:

http://canyonchasers.net/gallery/rdmrds/ouray01

Photo you found has no bike in it... you might as well drive to that location and take a picture.

Photoshop-ed picture is just lame...

... that's why I didn't lay claim to the next tag challenge. I'm anxious to post; 'Your motorcycle in the middle of a river' ;)

Come on people, at least post challenges that are POSSIBLE for everyone. Not all of us live in areas where there's a snow-capped mountain within hundreds of miles, OR rivers. Let's be reasonable here.

Here is my Thumper looking back up the valley towards some lovely snowy mountains....

Thumper with Snowy Mountains

And the new Tag is:

Thumper at the State Fair Grounds

The State Fair Grounds... or if you live in a non-agrarian area, an amusement park will do. :)

Darn..... you couldn't have waited a month for this one.... I mean ..... Thats when the State Fair is in here...... ah well..... After it quits raining I will try and find a photogenic spot to grab one.

****Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit....What a ride!!!"****

Our state fair hasn't started either. That's just the sign. :) Soo... if you're fair grounds have a permanent sign (or even a temp sign advertising...) you should be good. :)

Ventured out with my "limited edition" hard luggage system, limite edition because it's blue.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next Tag: your moto on a abandoned or metal grate bridge:

Photobucket

Atleast you put the effort in to color match...lol

What happened to the Bandit?

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

This old bridge is now a bike trail... er... pedal, not moto... :)

Old Matanuska Bridge

Okay- new tag- where the road goes from paved to unpaved... an intersection will do...

Knik River Road

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up; your bike at the pump:

Photobucket

My first entry! I took some pictures today during my lunch hour, hoping to get this posted this evening before anyone else. Hopefully no one minds, but I'm going to continue this in a new thread. Tired of all the scrolling down to the bottom. :-)

Bike at Pump

------------------------
2004 Suzuki GS500F

Please don't start a new thread.

My apologies, A. This is the first thing like this I've been a part of. Must be part of the fun to make it as long as possible. I was able to delete my other post and add it here.

Next challenge is your bike and a beach. Ocean, Lake, River... all are good. (People are optional.) I took this during lunch today at Alum Creek State Park which is just north of where I work in the Polaris area of Columbus. Had lunch at a picnic table, then took a few shots before heading back to work. Stopped at the gas station on the way to get the gas pump shot above.
Bike and Beach 1

------------------------
2004 Suzuki GS500F

Does this count?

Photobucket

Photobucket

you own a collection !

Looks like a nice place beside water to sit in the sun. What's next?

------------------------
2004 Suzuki GS500F

Submitted by TrialsRider on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 13:04.

A, you don't own a motorcycle,
you own a collection !

I change motos like I change shirts.. I find them cheap on Craigslist, ebay, what not.. fix them up and sell them. Just sold my Bandit and Ninja 250 this week.

Next Tag: your moto with a stone block church:

Photobucket

I see you 1 stone church
Photobucket
and raise you 1 Army Tank, or other Artilery piece.
Photobucket
...mine is even sitting on an old abandoned bridge, and I rode across a metal grate bridge to get here ;)

Photobucket

New Tag: your moto with wheel and tire loaded ready to go.

Photobucket

Here is my bike with some spare tires from the garage...they fit 17" rims, so it should count...but I didn't think I could put both on the bike...

and here is my bike next to a lifted truck with oversized tires...

I know, I cheated a little...they are all in my driveway, but I couldn't resist...hehehe

Good luck!!

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

All you need are some bungee cords to strap the tires to your moto secure enough to take a ride..

I'm still going with the tires on my bike...

but try this pic...your bike near what ever is the prime income for your state/province, in Alberta it is the oil and gas industry...so...

Maybe we can get a better response from these.

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

Yesterday wasn't my first ride of the year, but it was the first ride of the new "season". It was near perfect weather when I started, but I was a little cold when I got home. Anyways, I was finally able to get some photos for madjack's tag challenge.

One of Oregon's top exports is Christmas trees:
Photobucket

And the new challenge, your bike near a clear-cut:
Photobucket

Preferably an old clear-cut, but a new one, or a recently replanted one will do.

No idea what a clear-cut even is.

You can see them best if you are driving/riding through the mountains and you see a section of the forest has been cut down in a long wide strip...but forest is on either side...that's a clear cut section...if you are going past one you will see a field of tree stumps and undergrowth, but the trees will be gone...again clear cut...

I don't know if I will see any this weekend when I am out riding, but if I do, I will take a pic and show you... ;-p

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

A clear cut is when they go in and cut out about 95% of the trees in a logging operation. They're infamous here in Oregon. They are basically the logging version of strip-mining; but at some point someone said that they are the best way to log. Oh well, gotta have wood.

Anyway, MadJack gave good advice on how to find one, the trick is living near a forest.

Home of the Giant Redwoods ...or are there any still standing ?:|
If this one doesn't get a response, at least I can sharpen up my chain saw and prep a site for the photo shoot, trees are way easier to ride over when they're laying down anyway ;) ...just kidding! Closest thing here is where hydro power lines cut through treed areas or where they clear to build housing developments and highways, somebody else will need to bump this one.

Clear-cut IS the best way to log, given a bottom line of short term pure profit.

Northern California has the giant redwoods, or at least, they have most of them. Oregon used to have on of the largest and oldest giant sequoias, but it was topped by a lightning storm, then taken down some more in a wind storm.

Just goes to show it's been far too long since I've been out that way :(

Words fail to describe the beauty of the majestic West Coast Redwoods, by far the most impressive creatures on Earth. If you love nature as I do and still haven't seen them live, make it happen and take your kids. ...but be prepared to feel a little less for mankind when you see what we did to the biggest one so soon after discovering it.

Thanks Nate, you just gave me incentive to visit California again before I pass.

They do a lot of clear cut "harvesting" in BC...I'll have to check and see if there is any near me...maybe I can get it tomorrow...doubt it though...but it's worth a ride.... :-)

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

This is about as "clear-cut" as it gets around me.. it's a farming field that's been cleared for the coming planting season.. acceptable?

Photobucket

The trees were cleared many years ago, but I say close enough. I think of this song for your bike, but people like different colors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BhHTA6Gzn0&feature=related

Well, no objections for few days, I will move along for the next tag:

You bike and a yellow minimal height clearance sign:

Photobucket

Mine is in meters, but same deal...

The next challenge...your bike next to a river...

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

Man, at least ride to a different location for the new tag...

Your bike next to a light house...frozen lake optional...

Better?

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

Nice picture, but in the spirit of keeping the game going... LAME.
Most people who ride motorcycles would not have opportunity to take a picture that include a lighthouse and a frozen lake along their motorcycles.

Besides, it's a file photo taken prior to you grabbing the previous challenge... REJECT.

This coming from a guy that posted a farmers field as an example of clear cut logging??

Not quite sure that was what Gitchy was looking for... ;-p

River or lighthouse...you pick...

Later.

Riding since May 2010...
Fuelly

At least I asked if my pic of cleared field was acceptable first

and waited for a few days for clearance.

Photobucket

Next up: your bike next to a roadside sculpture:

Photobucket

Add new comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...